Borderline November 2010 Newsletter
- Tony called the meeting to order.
- Bev read the secretary and treasury report.
- Rob made the motion to accept both reports and Jared seconded.
- Motion passed.
Our Toys for Tots was a great success. We raised $228 in donations and lots of toys. Everyone had a wonderful time. Many stories were told about the trail rides of the weekend.
A suggestion was made to put a calendar of events together for 2011 to include rides and meeting dates. We will work in this at the next meeting and try to get it posted on the website as soon as possible.
- Winter rides will be announced in the normal way-phone calls and on the website.
- Rob made a motion to donate $25 to the National Eagle Society in memory of Lyle, who helped start our club many years.
- Jean seconded it and the motion passed.
Holiday stroll at Hager City will be Dec 18, 2010 starting at 6pm. Trucks are to have lights and meet at Vieth’s before 6pm. For more details attend the December meeting, maybe Santa will show up for this event.
- Dues for 2011 are now due. Please pay Kristi at the December or January meeting.
- Elections will be held in January. All officers’ positions are open and nominations will be made at the December meeting.
Our annual Christmas party will be hosted by Rob and Jean on January 22, 2011. A Chinese gift exchange will be done. Please bring a $10 gift for the exchange. Rob also stated there will be a valve cover race, so prepare your racers. Remember, no motorized racers and Rob says watch the weight. The track can only handle so much weight. Please bring a dish to pass.
- Rob made the motion to close the meeting and Jared seconded.
- Tony closed the meeting.
I am sorry that the newsletter is late. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.